[nagdu] Cruises

robert stigile rstigile at gmail.com
Fri May 17 16:37:44 UTC 2013

Hello,
I have traveled on several cruises with my guide Dog.
Typically, you will need to go to your vet and get a check up,
upon everything being ok, they will give you a health certificate
to keep with you.
Let the cruiseline know that you will be traveling with a guide
dog, and what accomodations you will need.
I usually tell them, that I want a box with wood chips placed in
a corner of a deck, along with a trash can.
Sometimes, it will take a while for them to get it set up, so be
prepared for it not to be set up right away when you get on the
ship, but it will be done.
I usually have had crew members want to pet the dog, but I tell
them the dog is working when you see us around the ship, but if
you ever want to play with her, just call my room, and if I am
there, you can stop by and pet her and play with her.
They love that as they usually do not get to see dogs on the
ship.
I hope this helps,

Robert Stigile
phone: 818-381-9568