[nagdu] DOJ on service dogs and allergies

blind411 blind411 at verizon.net
Sat May 18 12:24:18 UTC 2013

Mary,
	The advice I generally offer is to be compassionate, but to not make
someone else's problem yours. In other words, it is up to the other person
who has the problem to find a way to resolve it unless there are concurrent
civil rights issues created. For instance, if a person who uses a wheelchair
needs a seat in which we are sitting, it is our responsibility -both legally
& ethically - to forfeit our seat. Allergies and fear of animals are not
considered disabilities; therefore, if someone with such an issue is in our
presence, they need to resolve it.

Fraternally yours,
Marion