[nagdu] Odie

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Mon May 20 06:47:30 UTC 2013

Hi, Sheila and all,
Odie will be ten on November 6, 2013.
He's been a senior since age six as the hybrids age faster.
I know many handlers may not like or agree with what another one does or how they handle the situation with their dog.
Each handler knows their dog and situation, but I always advise them to follow what their guide dog school has taught them during training.
Since Pilot recommended that each time an accident happens, start over from the basics and work back up to the top.
I do have a set schedule for Odie, but still if it's the middle of the night and he has to go really bad, I would rather him hop up on the bed to get my attention or even bump it.
A year ago when the accident trend began to happen, I did get him into the vet and had him tested.
Nothing was found and the veternarian confirmed it was behavioral related.
I plan to get him out again before the security guard leaves and hopefully he'll be emptied out completely, bladder and all.
Chances are Odie may be stressing as the weather has been unstabled and it's supposed to be like that tomorrow too.
I did hear on the news that there was severe weather in Iowa, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma and lots of damage caused by baseball or golf ball sized hail and tornados.
I wasn't happy with the accident either as CORHUD (Colorado Regional Housing Urban Development) management team has decided they want to do another inspection on my apartment again, despite that it's clean.
Last time during the month of either January or February, they tried to evict Dale and I  claiming  that we failed inspection again and all of that stress unravled Odie's nerves, causing him to have an accident.
I will be meeting with the service cordinators in my apartment complex tomorrow to help me write a letter to the management team and express that if they want to inspect, they need to do it after my housekeeper has come to clean.
I may end up contacting U.S. HUD and First Fair Housing to express my feeling toward the inspections as it's getting out of hand.
Truth is if I could afford to move, I would, but can't do it.
I like where I live though as there's security in the evenings and my neighbors around me are helpful and supportive.
Bibi and son Odie