[nagdu] a quick update on Odie

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Mon May 20 07:33:56 UTC 2013

Hi, all,
Just wanted to write a quick update as far as Odie.
I took him out one more time earlier to see if he would not only do a number one, but a two as well.
It was a perfect time for brushing as it was cool outdoors.
Happily, he did have a number two, but a small one which is better than nothing at all.
I rewarded him with lots of hugs and praise, telling him good boy and that was good.
He wagged his tail and was happy for the praise.
I always try to remember ballancing out using the praise after correcting or getting after him when he has done something naughty.
I'm going to keep a close eye on him and just monitor him closely for the next few days.
Someone on another guide dog related list suggested I phone the vet to have him checked over for a UTI.
I may just go ahead and do that to be on the safe side.
Odie has had a case of inheesions in the past and I'm hoping it's not starting up again.
I almost lost him medically to that one, but thankfully, he fought to stay on earth.
The father upstairs in the skies told him it wasn't him time yet and that someday when he would be ready for Odie, he'll tell him it's time.
As far as weather stability, I learned from my mom we were going to have the same outcome  today as yesterday: severe weather in other parts of the U.S. and possibly the same in Colorado.
That's all I have for now.
Will post more once I've contacted the vet.
Bibi and son Odie