[nagdu] Article: Scared Publix customer sprays seeing-eye dog

L Gwizdak leg1950 at cox.net
Thu May 23 20:43:24 UTC 2013

This was assault!  She should be punished in some way.  What we don't know
from this story is whether or not this is the woman's first offense or not.
Maybe she shoould not be allowed to work around customers until her meds
work for her.  It is NOT okay to spray bleach in anyone's eyes - could
damage the corneas.  At the least, she shoould pay the blind woman's vet
bill because, I'm sure, she had to take the dog to a vet to make sure the
eyes were fine and to have the eyes flushed out.  But prison, no.  That does
no good for a person with mental illness.

The store is responsible for their employees' actions while on the job.
People with service dogs do shop there.  What else coould the woman's
paranoia be set off by?  Dogs now but what about babies next?  If the
woman's meds can't keep the problem under control, then maybe that kind of
job is inappropriate for her.

Lyn and Landon
"Asking who's the man and who's the woman in an LGBT relationship is like
asking which chopstick is the fork" - Unknown