[nagdu] Article: Scared Publix customer sprays seeing-eye dog

L Gwizdak leg1950 at cox.net
Thu May 23 22:52:37 UTC 2013

As far as the woman being afraid of dogs or if that was an appropriate job
for her to be in, the bottom line is that she has NO RIGHT to spray a dog in
the face with chlorine.  That is assault and it can do damage to the
corneas.  It souonded like she took a bottle of Clorox - which is NOT mixed
or diluted with water - and sprayed the dog in the eyes.  What if she
sprayed a person in the eyes with Clorox? An assault on our dogs is an
assault on us.

That woman is still responsible for her actions and needs to be aware of
that fact and take the consequences.  I do not advocate jail.  That will
teach her nothing.  A more positive thing might be to make sure she is on
the correct meds and they work for her.  She also needs to be employed in a
job that is approproate for her illness.  Obviously, she felt intense stress
when she saw the dog and did what she did.  She also needs to be told in no
uncertain terms that service dogs are allowed in any store - grocery or
otherwise - and they will be admitted with their disabled or blind patrons.
She deals with it appropriately or finds another job where she doesn't have
to interact with the general public.

Lyn and Landon
"Asking who's the man and who's the woman in an LGBT relationship is like
asking which chopstick is the fork" - Unknown