[nagdu] Guide Dog Schools

Shannon Dyer solsticesinger at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 02:40:29 UTC 2013

Hi, and welcome to the list.

I'm Shannon, and I'm currently working my third guide dog. He's a black lab named Ace, and I got him from The Guide Dog Foundation in New York. I've gotten all three of my dogs from GDF, and have had wonderful experiences each time. It's a smaller school, so the financial support isn't as good as what GDB offers. Still, they will work with graduates on a case-by-case basis.

I've worked two labs, and one lab/golden cross. Each of my dogs had good and bad qualities. In many ways, I think the dog's personality is more important than the breed.

Good luck with whichever school you choose.

Shannon and the Acelet