[nagdu] Replacement Leashes

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Fri Nov 1 19:49:30 UTC 2013

Bridgeport Equipment also makes a leather service dog leash.  It may be
longer than you are used to though. Folded in half in the typical
configuration for when the dog is actively guiding, the leash is probably
3.5 feet.

Also when my dog is lying under a table or desk I drape the other end of the
leash over my knee.  this way I can feel if he's moving around or working on
doing something he shouldn't.  He's not a leash chewer, but I think you'd be
able to feel the leash twitching.  I've never liked the leash on the floor,
foot on leash method.  I feel disconnected from my dog that way.  But if you
use a really short leash that might be the only comfortable way for you.

Julie