[nagdu] Quite a Predicament

Nicole Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Sat Nov 2 01:48:45 UTC 2013

Tai,

	I see two different issues here.

	First, as far as getting a dog from another school at this point, I
am sorry to say that it probably is not going to happen, and, if it does,
because it is such a short time period, there is more chance of you getting
matched with the wrong dog. Sometimes, the evaluation period takes a long
time because they want to make sure that you get the right dog.

	Second, JMHO, for everyone, I don't necessarily  think that it is a
good idea to get a guide dog and then almost immediately go somewhere new
that you do not know. Even if you are not a first time user, it takes a
while for you and your dog to trust and understand, and this process is best
done in an area with which at least one of you is somewhat if not quite
familiar.

	These are just my opinions, so go ahead and throw them to the dogs
if you want (joke).

Nicole and Lexia