[nagdu] Apologies to The Seeing Eye

National Association of Guide Dog Users blind411 at verizon.net
Sun Nov 3 02:37:44 UTC 2013

Dear All,

                I want to publicly apologize for my oversight as it pertains
to the agreements from the training programs. I received a message from The
Seeing Eye with a forward of the message that was sent to me with the
ownership policies of The Seeing Eye. For everyone's information, I have
pasted this policy below as it was received from The Seeing Eye.

The Seeing Eye, Inc. Ownership Policy

Following a student's successful graduation from the training programs
required by The Seeing Eye, the graduated student: (i) is granted full
ownership rights over his or her Seeing EyeR dog and (ii) assumes full
responsibility for the obligations and risks associated with ownership of
his or her Seeing Eye dog, including the obligation to properly feed,
shelter, and care for his or her Seeing Eye dog. The Seeing Eye Inc. does
ask that harnesses be returned to the school upon retirement of any Seeing
Eye dog.

In the rare instances that The Seeing Eye Inc. becomes aware of allegations
of abuse after a graduated student has assumed ownership responsibility of
his or her Seeing Eye dog, The Seeing Eye Inc. contacts the graduated
student and may further assess the allegations. In the event that animal
abuse or neglect is proven, The Seeing Eye Inc. defers to local enforcement
authorities, including local humane societies, who generally possess the
legal authority to remove the animal from the abusive environment.

Fraternally yours,

Marion Gwizdala