[nagdu] Adding water to food.

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 17:32:42 UTC 2013

Hi,
My dog will not eat his food unless there is water in it. GEB does not
have their students put water in the dog's food, but I guess the
golden guy was a special case.
I didn't know the water was supposed to be warm. I just add a cup of
cool or room temperature water to his food.
I leave out free water for my dog, otherwise, he will not be hydrated
adequately. He never drank much at the allotted drinking times, so I
just leave two cups of water in his bowl, and change the water two or
three times a day. He doesn't usually drink all of it unless he's had
an exciting or busy day.

On 11/6/13, ichoosechrist2 at gmail.com <ichoosechrist2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't remember if the Seeing Eye asked me to put water on my dogs food. I
> still measure of my dogs food on a schedule mostly because otherwise I will
> trip over the water bowl. :-) I personally put some water in my dogs food
> just so he will stay hydrated and So he will drink.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Nov 6, 2013, at 10:03 AM, Deanna Lewis <DLewis at clovernook.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>> I was just wondering if all the schools recommend that you add a little
>> warm water to your dog's food? What are the benefits of this? Does it keep
>> them full longer?
>> Do you still follow this practice when you get home with your dog?
>> Also, do you leave water out all day for your guide dog at home, or do you
>> still give them water on a schedule (even after being home for a while).
>> Just curious as to what others do. Thanks!
>>
>> Deanna and Pascal

>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/ichoosechrist2%40gmail.com

Raven