[nagdu] off list: Re: Dog is marking

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 8 06:33:56 UTC 2013

Hi, Bob,
To stop the unwanted behavior, give him a fifteen-twenty minute opportunity to relieve.
Hopefully, this will help him empty out to calm down the marking temptation.
Keep on with this routine until he knows you won't put up with it.
My medical alert response guide dog Odie tried marking in the past as well and I would get after him.
Now that he's an older dog, I try to give him extra potty breaks to avoid unwanted accidents indoors or as you wrote, marking.
If your dog is from a training guide dog school program, you might want to contact your school to see what trainers may have in store for suggestions.
Sincerely:
Bibi and son Odie