[nagdu] Airline Travel

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 21:39:51 UTC 2013

I, persopnally, always preboard. It is just easier to get the dog in place. If they try to get you to sit in the bulkhead and you don't want to, then refuse. It is the best seat to take a window seat. Then others in the row can get out if they need to for pit stops.

TSA is pretty simple. Some people put their dog at sit, tell them to rest, and then call them through after going through first. I hold the leash as a long leash as we did in obedience, put the dog at sit, tell him to rest, walk through, and then call him. Last time he was so excited that he ran through anyway because he thinks he is getting loved when they pat him down. They will. Usually, they wand your hands to see if there is explosive residue on them. It's pretty easy to fly if the little hassles don't get to you. And if your dog is comfortable, you will enjoy it. Try not to be up tight; then your dog will be even more comfortable.

CL