[nagdu] Understanding of Guiding was re ownership

Nicole Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Sat Nov 16 02:04:47 UTC 2013

Lexia will leash lead both in and out of harness. She tends to do it more
out of harness, but, if she is in harness, and I am walking her on the
leash, she will still throw in her two cents by pulling sharply to the left
or something if she sees that I am about to bump into something. She will
walk at my side nicely when I tell her to.
I have a slightly different technique for the leash leading. I hold the
leash in both hands with one hand at the far end and one hand near her
collar. I can feel her pull different directions better that way.
Yes, Lexia does not like it when I go places without her. For medical
reasons, she had to take a little time off this summer. When I would pick up
my backpack to go to work, she would come running.

Nicole and Lexia who loves her job