[nagdu] US Air

Marilyn tucci t21114 at optonline.net
Sat Nov 16 16:16:46 UTC 2013

Its a shame what happened to Albert with US Air. I had a problem with a
Stewardess years ago on US Air in the DC airport changing planes. The
stewardess did not put me in the bulk seat which is what I requested
with my guide dog. She sat me by the emergency exit and made an
announcement that the plane can't take off because blind people can't
sit by the emergency exit. She asked over the loud speaker if anyone
wanted to change seats with me. This was after I again asked her to put
me in the bulk seat. She ignored my request. A man said he would change
seats with me. I sat next to an obese man who had things under the seat
so my dog had no room nor did I . The man apologized for taking up so
much space.  The stewardess then told me the plan can't take off because
my  dogs back was sticking out a little . I told her the dog was under
the seat as far as she could go because of the things under the seat.
She started to use her foot to push the dog and I told her don't even
think about that. the man next to me told me what she was trying to do.
The plane before ours was bumped so all those people were on my plane.
When it was time to get off the plane the stewardess did lot let me and
my dog get off first so people were stepping on her as I asked to please
let me and my dog get off first. A nice man stopped everyone from
passing me and let us get off. I use to travel every other month to VA
and change in DC never having a problem . My husband wrote a letter to
the air lines and they gave me two 50 dollars vouchers to use within a
year. Needless to say I didn't fly US Air for a while.
I usually fly them once a year and haven't had any problems . All it
takes is one person having a bad day and taking it out on a passenger or
service dog.
Marilyn and Anna