[nagdu] Labs that chew

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 08:49:32 UTC 2013

Hi,
There is no such thing as an indestructible toy when it comes to dogs.
I have seen dogs chew through metal, and rip up all sorts of fabrics
that were supposedly doggy-proof. Your best bet is to put away toys
when you and your dog are done playing. Or, whenever you see your dog
chewing on something it shouldn't be, take away the toy immediately,
and provide a bone that is appropriate for chewing. This will teach
your dog what to chew on during times of boredom or
stress-alleviation.
When I first got the Golden Guy, he would strip tennis balls and chew
through thick rope toys. The destruction of tug toys occurred while I
would be preoccupied with visitors. He would get right down to
business and honker down on a toy and chew right through it and shred
that thing.
He is still a chewer, though he now chews on appropriate toys 9.5
times out of 10. I have about 5 different bones at all times, and they
are each a different flavor.
There is a gamut of different bones out there for dogs. Nylobone and
DuraChew make tough, long-lasting chew toys that seem to do well for
many dogs. Whatever bone you choose for your dog, monitor the first
couple chewing sessions to ensure that you haven't given your dog
something that can be destroyed in seconds or chewed into small,
hazardous pieces. I have seen dogs splinter nylobones, and crack them
right in two, so take precaution no matter what you choose.

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/kramc11%40gmail.co

>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/minh.ha927%40gmail.
>> com
>>

> --
> "All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty
> recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:
> but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their
> dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." T. E. Lawrence

> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/ntorcolini%40wavecable.co

Raven