[nagdu] Lack of speed

Jewel herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 17:17:45 UTC 2013

I am getting very frustrated. My guide dog was slowing down to sniff everything we have been doing the gentle leader for two weeks now, and she still fights it so much I could walk faster if I stuck my hands in front of me and walked like a zombie. I have given her several happy walks with it on, lots of praise and some treats. But when the walk is to get somewhere, she is constantly making me late. I am sitting at the bus stop, in fact, because u couldn't get her to walk at a decent speed. I know she can go faster because I have even power walked with her. I am missing too many appointments because, though I give her extra time, she won't walk at her normal speed, instead choosing to crawl along at the speed of a toddler. What can I do to get her to speed up? I do hup hup. This is getting ridiculous.
Jewel

reply://herekittykat2@gmail.com

Sent from my iPhone