[nagdu] several topics in to one post

Rebecca Ilniski rilniski at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 02:19:58 UTC 2013

hi everyone.  Jule, I can imagine that the speed of your dog can be
frustrating.  I remember one day in college my first guide Abra didn't
want to go to class so she wanted to just go for a walk.  It was very
frustrating and I ended up getting to class late.  I think she was about
5 or 6 when this happened and perhaps we were both tired that day and
she picked up on the fact that I wasn't crazy about that class.  In any
case, I hope that the situation improves for you.
Gary, I usually just take my dog out to relieve with just the leash on.
Otherwise the harness is always on unless we are in a small vehicle and
then I can just remove the handle to make Zeb more comfortable.
Regarding flying, when I went to class I didn't have a problem going to
and from with the security or the seating.  I sat in a regular seat and
it was a window seat.  Both flights were direct and each time I had a
pleasant seat mate to talk with.  On the way home, I sat next to a guy
from China and we talked about all sorts of things until another
passenger asked him to be quiet because he was trying to sleep.  I plan
to fly again next summer to visit Zeb's puppy raiser so I'll let you all
know how the flight goes then.
I have a crate here at home and prefer to use that instead of a tie
down.  The door stays open and at night Zeb goes in and sleeps.  When I
shower I usually crate him as he loves to get in to napkins and anything
paper.  He has his nyla toys and his favorite game is tug.  That's about
all that I can think of for now.

--
Rebecca and Zeb
email: rilniski at gmail.com