[nagdu] No Tug was RE: Lack of speed

barbandzoe at comcast.net barbandzoe at comcast.net
Wed Nov 20 16:47:01 UTC 2013

Hi ,
I have worked with dogs as pets and listened to people who train dogs for police work.   They will tell that if, and I  mean if you are having trouble with your dog not doing what you want or need him to do, you should not play tug.  Dogs can see tug as a, I am the boos if I get this toy from you.    I have herd dog trainers tell people that ask what to do because my dog will not listen to me, and yes we play tug, the trainer will say stop tug.   Now if you and your dog are having no trouble and everyone knows the rules, then tug is a game and that is it.
I could see where a school would not want you to play tug until you two are working as a team, or at least until you know that the dog looks to you as the leader of the team.