[nagdu] Service dog scams putting people 'at risk'

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Nov 22 13:10:59 UTC 2013

If they grandfather in all the big training programs, then where do they
stop?  Does a tiny program like Gallant Hearts get in?  How about Guide Dogs
of the Desert, which has been around a good while, but gone through some
rough places?  Or that outfit in Arizona, that was having dogs raised, but
not actually training them, apparently?
And what about people with program dogs who don't keep up their training?
Or are working through problems?  My brother says his GDB dog sometimes
barks at people in his office.  Does he get his ID revoked, if he can't
resolve the problem within X months?
I just don't see how this idea could be of any use to anyone except those in
charge of handing out credentials.
Tracy