[nagdu] self identification

Jenine Stanley jeninems at wowway.com
Sat Nov 23 15:46:07 UTC 2013

Marion,

I agree with you in most cases. Self identification just is not necessary as
someone working with any type of assistance dog.

Air travel though is a bit different in a couple ways. I do self identify
there because:

1. It's a very restricted environment. It's not like another plane will just
pull up to take you where you want to go.
2. I want to pre-board for very specific reasons, to get the seat I want,
which I'm pretty proactive about, and to get all dog-related issues settled
ASAP so I can plug in and tune out. :)
3. But most importantly, under the Air Carrier Access Act, if I want a
specific seat or type of seat as an accommodation for dog, I have to self
identify, at least 48 hours before the flight.

So there ya go.

Do I do this with taxi cabs, restaurants, stores, etc.? Absolutely not.

Jenine Stanley
jeninems at wowway.com
http://www.twitter.com/jeninems