[nagdu] schools and self identification

Jenine Stanley jeninems at wowway.com
Sun Nov 24 18:26:12 UTC 2013

Before we go off on a rant about schools and consumer input, let's find out
which schools still give this advice and which do so to airlines who consult
with them.

Though GDF does not tell students and graduates that the bulkhead seat is
best, we still do identify them when booking their travel to and from our
facility. If they tell us not to do so, we don't.

I know that some schools, TSE I believe and maybe GDB, have actual airline
seats set up on their campuses for people to practice with during training.
Good deal.

Other schools stick to old maxims like no dogs in zoos and bulkhead is best
but I can't say for certain which schools do this anymore. I just keep
hearing new handlers saying it and that can only come from one place.

As for consumer input, look at our debate about self identifying. What if
half of your consumers want to advocate for self identifying and the other
half do not? Who does the school listen to? Does the school just give all
options, which I believe is what we do now at GDF?

If we don't, recent grads, please contact me off list and we'll fix it,
again. :)

Consumer input is wonderful and helpful and I'm by no means against it, but
I think it has to be tempered and interpreted well in order to work. This
means knowing all of the options and ways people do things and why.

Jenine Stanley
jeninems at wowway.com
http://www.twitter.com/jeninems