[nagdu] schools and self identification

Doug Parisian eggmann at mymts.net
Sun Nov 24 21:37:33 UTC 2013

I have no argument with your point.  However, I suspect during our various
discussions on plane travel at TSE that, were they constantly advising
airlines about where us dogged folks should sit, that would have come out
one way or the other.

So then, the question, is anyone aware that TSE has been giving airlines
seating advice?

As for various self-help organizations being involved in the role of
advocacy, good for them/you!  I do envy your track record in the US, despite
some serious issues in the past regarding dog guide use by at least one of
your former leaders.  Frankly, compared to Canada, you make the Canadian
efforts look almost as weak and feeble as is truly the case.  The think
blind folks in Canada do better advocating for themselves than would be the
case were any of our blind-based "song and dance" groups to get involved.

I did have an issue of attempted forced seating about 15 years ago and, not
only did I manage to dissuade such silliness but actually made an audio
recording which I played for the customer service folks.  Well, at least
they had no choice but to believe my story.  I did indeed take there guilt
money.  Truth to tell, Air Canada is one of our unfortunate attempts at
Canadian humour.

Doug: Current temperature in Winnipeg, Zero degrees not counting windchill.