[nagdu] self identification

Shannon Dyer solsticesinger at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 01:43:23 UTC 2013

Personally, I think this whole matter of self-identification is a personal choice. I, too, let the airline know ahead of time that I will be traveling with a guide dog. I also let them know that I will need assistance to baggage claim. I know many choose not to do these things, and that's fine. Everyone is free to make their own choices. Even if I disagree with a choice someone else makes, I don't think I have the right to pressure them into changing it. I cannot make some give advance notice, just as others cannot make me stop.

As for the bulkhead, I do use it, and it has worked well for me. I know people feel it's unsafe, but I've never had a bad experience there. Might I in the future? I suppose it's as likely as anything else.

Shannon and the Acelet