[nagdu] Boots

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 23:54:32 UTC 2013

Yes, but these booties made by Pawz are easy because you don't have to
worry about cinching them up tight or how tight they are at all. Also,
they provide maximum comfort for dogs because they move with the dog's
paw and dogs can still feel the ground and terrain through the rubber.
Arguably the most dog-friendly booties.

On 11/27/13, craig.heaps at comcast.net <craig.heaps at comcast.net> wrote:
> One reason I might think they work well is that Chase has wide feet and the
> boots aren't going to slide  off once I cinch them up on his ankles.
>
> ----- Original Message -----From: craig heaps <craig.heaps at comcast.net>To:
> NAGDU Mailing List, the National Association of Guide Dog Users
> <nagdu at nfbnet.org>Sent: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 23:13:13 -0000 (UTC)Subject: Re:
> [nagdu] Boots
>
> Guide Dogs for the Blind gave us some that work really well. They're canvas
> on top and nubbed rubber on the bottom. GDB sells them on their website, but
> they might be in the alumni section.
>
> ----- Original Message -----From: Tracy Carcione <carcione at access.net>To:
> NAGDU Mailing List, the National Association of Guide Dog Users
> <nagdu at nfbnet.org>Sent: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 19:20:46 -0000 (UTC)Subject:
> [nagdu] Boots
>
> I've tried 2 different kinds of boots, and had a lot of trouble keeping them
> on, even when I think I've pulled the strap real tight. I had some that
> looked like socks, with a leather pad under the paw, and I have the Ruffwear
> boots TSE gave me. However, I lost one of the boots in the snow the first
> time I went out with them on Ben.Raven, what kind are you using, and where
> did you get them?I've had so much trouble with boots that now I just don't
> bother, and carry paper towels to wipe Ben's feet with. If I got more boots,
> I think I'd go with something cheap, so its loss would be trivial. Because
> lose them I almost certainly will.Tracy

Raven