[nagdu] preparing for a convention with a guide

Deanna Lewis DLewis at clovernook.org
Wed Oct 9 15:15:51 UTC 2013

Aleeha,
Happy Birthday to Dallas!
Well, I am very happy to see that you will be coming to Convention with Dallas, we can't wait to meet him! First and foremost, you absolutely must attend the Ohio Association of Guide Dog Users meeting on Saturday the second, at 12:15! /smiles/
State Conventions are so much less stressful than National. At our Conventions there are usually less than 10 dogs at the hotel. In my experience of going to State Convention since 2008, I have never seen any of the dogs that did not get along, or ones that were aggressive.
Make sure you give your boy plenty of opportunities to use the bathroom, and breaks if he seems stressed. Bring him some toys for your room, and we may even have a play date for the dogs, if you want to come to that.
If you have any specific question, please let me know!
Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks.
Deanna and Pascal