[nagdu] National Epidemic of Horrible People Pretending to Be Disabled |

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Mon Oct 14 20:37:15 UTC 2013

Nice idea, with way too many holes:

1) What will this certification test consist of?

2) What would it prove, since dogs do so many different kinds of work and accommodate to all kinds of disabilities? You’d have to certify for each kind of thing, and someone’s particular needs would be left out, it’s inevitable.

3) Even if you overcome 1) and 2), above, who would administer these certifications? Who would keep the certification process, not to mention the certification criteria, honest and fair to all, including owner/trainers? Hint: I don’t trust the schools to do this, as they have a vested interest in skewing such criteria to their own agenda.

4) Who pays for the certifications, the record keeping, the infrastructure, and all the rest of it?

That’s just off the top o my head, and I’m sure there’s more that would need to be taken into account for a certification program to work and to be viable, fair, balaned, and comprehensive.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 860-3194 or 888-75-BUDDY