[nagdu] let's get sweaty!

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Wed Oct 16 16:15:49 UTC 2013

Dan,

I think a lot depends on how much you trust the folks who would be
watching your dog to follow your instructions. While you're in the
sauna, you won't really be able to hear much if anything of what is
going on outside where your dog is, and you wouldn't be able to respond
quickly even if you did. So if it were me, I would want to be really
sure of whoever was around the dog during that time.

My acupuncturist has an infrared sauna I want to get back to using, so I
kinda went through the same considerations. She is okay with having
Mitzi around while I'm cooking, and I would trust her with the dog. But
I decided I would just leave the poodle home when I'm going to use the
sauna, since I do that in winter and have a ride to my appointments.
There's not really a good place to put her out of the flow, and she
would be unattended much of the time. I don't think there would be a
problem with that, but if she decided to be a nuisance or something, I
wouldn't be able to deal with it. I do the sauna in winter, where
working the dog up there just for the walk isn't too tempting. /lol/ If
I have a sauna appointment on one of our rare nice winter days, I may
consider taking advantage of it for the working walk with Mitzi and
leave her on tie-down.

But that's a different situation than the gym, so I'm not suggesting you
make the same decision. Just kinda thinking through my considerations.

Have fun sweating it out!

Tami