[nagdu] Stumbling on stairs

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Oct 18 17:22:19 UTC 2013

Over the past few weeks, I've noticed Ben occasionally stumbling when he's
going down stairs.  It feels like one of his front legs gets weak, just for
a second, which makes him lurch a bit, then he catches himself and goes on
with no problem.  It may have happened about 3 times in the last couple
months.  I wonder if it's just one of those things that comes and goes, or
if he's starting to have arthritis, despite his glucosamine pill.  He
doesn't seem to have any trouble jumping on or off the bed, just sometimes
stairs.
I guess what I'm really wondering is if I'll have to  start the application
process for his successor sooner than I had anticipated.  Benny just turned
9, and I'm hoping for another year.
Tracy