[nagdu] Relieving harnesses

Julie J julielj at neb.rr.com
Wed Oct 23 18:59:41 UTC 2013

I don't think Rox'e had much to do with the business, especially after Bob moved.

I have thought about taking up the guide dog equipment business again, but it isn't something I have the time for right now.  However, if there is an interested someone, I would be willing to help them get started.  I can give you a list of suppliers for the webbing and other materials.  I would also be willing to explain the basics of sewing harnesses.  The designs were never patented, so it should be no problem to share this info.  I sewed everything by hand, but an industrial sewing machine would be a plus.  Not including a sewing machine, I'd think someone could started for around $500.  A web site would be an additional expense, but there are lots of low cost and free options there.

The person would need to be familiar and comfortable with basic sewing techniques, dog anatomy including the various builds of different breeds, good communication skills and excellent organizational skills.  Write to me privately at
julielj at neb.rr.com and I'll answer any questions and help you get started.

I agree it is something that the service dog community needs.  Just thinking about sewing Jetta a harness makes me want to groan and she won't need one for months yet.  I'd buy a nylon harness if there was someone that made them.

Julie

Sent from my iPad