[nagdu] Guide Dog Schools

Hannah Chadwick sparklylicious at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 23:55:35 UTC 2013

Yes, GDB can provide more financial help if needed.  I think that
larger schools tend to have more follow-up services because they
have more funds as well as trainers.  I don't think Pilot gives
complete ownership, but I could be wrong since that wasn't one of
my concerns when I applied.  Pilot also trains boxers and
Dobermans in addition to what Raven mentioned.
On one hand I think that it is important to have a breed
preference, but on the other, I think it is the training that
matters the most.  There are good things and bad things about
every breed of dog.  The work you put in is what you will get
out.  The more effort you put into your dog will mean more
success with your team.  When you get your dog, please remember
that the bonding process takes between 6 months and a year.  As
in my earlier email, please feel free to email me off list if you
want to know about Pilot or Guide Dogs for the Blind.
Good luck, Hannah and Spritzie