[nagdu] Identifying dogs reaching a common ground

Shannon Dillon shannonldillon at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 21:14:06 UTC 2013

There are also other reasons schools don't work for everyone. I didn't have a guide dog for years because I couldn't leave my work and home for a month to live in a dorm. And because i live in california my options were even further restricted by the board that, fortunately, only exists is California.

I would like to also point out that  I see some behavior out of people who attended schools that is not generally considered appropriate guide dog behavior. so training at a school is by no means assurance of having well-behaved dogs.

i also think owner trainer needs to remain an option. can you imagine how much power schools would have if people had no option but to attend a school. schools already tend toward paternalism. at least there still remains an option for those who for whom 'a school is not an option.sent from my iPhone