[nagdu] The Follow Command

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Sun Sep 8 05:06:30 UTC 2013

Interesting. Mitzi likes to get out and go and lead the way, so she will
do follow but reluctantly. I prefer to let her pick the way to where the
person is going -- say in the grocery store -- instead of following
exactly, since folks don't always choose routes we can clear. She is
funny. She does a better follow if I get the person's name and can tell
her to follow them by name. But she definitely wants to do it her way! I
also try to remember to ask the person to keep talking so I can know
where they are. I keep trying to get my husband to jingle his keys or
something, since he had throat surgery and can't raise his voice much,
but, well... The dog is more trainable. /lol/

I guess it never occurred to me that some dogs might follow by default
when you don't really want them to. I can see where that would be odd.

Tami