[nagdu] Treatment of People with Guide Dogs

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Sep 13 11:59:44 UTC 2013

I don't use a cane much, but I have had people try to grab the cane to lead
me.  How to make a blind gal go ballistic!
I don't usually have problems with people trying to give my dog directions.
If they try, I think they catch on pretty quick that he's not listening to
them.
What happens most to me, whether I'm using dog or cane, is that people try
to grab me and push me where they want me to go, in ways they would never
think of grabbing a sighted woman they don't know extremely well.
Tracy