[nagdu] your thoughts on this

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Mon Sep 16 21:45:21 UTC 2013

Laura,

Ah. I was pondering the nature of the behavior trying to think of a
useful answer. Well, also assuming your response would be different if
it were real aggression instead of excitement of a young dog, and that
your trainer can also judge there. Also, the trainer has credentials and
thus credibility, which may prove helpful, especially if you need some
verification of temperament. Well, and honestly, having a "certified
trainer" to throw at someone who isn't willing to work with little old
you can be a convenience. There has been a time or two I wish I had one
of those in my back pocket. Sad, but true.

Sounds to me like you are dealing with the situation very well. It would
be nice if guide dogs really did come perfect out of the box no matter
what happens or if people didn't freak when a guide does something
doggy. You need to deal with the dog, not added human hassle. But I
guess all those behavioral requirements are to avoid human hassle in the
first place. It's a balancing act for you for sure, working with both
dog and prof.

Best, and keep us posted how things progress.

Tami