[nagdu] Why not goldens?

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 01:21:55 UTC 2013

Yes, I always knew Leader put out a lot of goldens. I love looking
over their publications and seeing all the golden studs and broods and
the litters their producing. I am also pleased to see an average of
five goldens graduating per class.
I would have gone to Leader Dog if they offered the financial
assistance like GEB does. But GEB had a golden lined up for me.
Hopefully, I'll be well-established financially when I have to get my
next guide dog so that money isn't such a determining factor.
Until I applied to get a guide dog, all of my experiences with guide
dogs were with the dogs from Leader. The school is only 20 minutes
from my parents' home. I have seen a number of their dogs in training,
and I also walked with two of their dogs on two separate occasions.
Both times, the dogs were goldens, and they were impressive in
behavior and performance. I was most impressed by how their dogs took
me around overhanging obstacles, which is not easy for dogs since it's
not natural or typically necessary for them to be aware of things up
so high.

On 9/17/13, Steven Johnson <blinddog3 at charter.net> wrote:
> Actually, Leader Dog, is putting out more Golden's more than ever and very
> solid dogs with great lines.

Raven