[nagdu] Finally, Once Again ready for a Dog Guide!!

Sharonda Greenlaw sbgreenlaw at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 05:25:31 UTC 2013

Hello list,
I've been lurking here since I retired Rusty from Leader Dogs in 2008.
It has taken me this long to decide that I would like to go again for
a dog guide. I need lots of help in deciding where to go and want to
discuss the training times and such with you all. Though I've been
lurking, I haven't read all the messages--I confess.

I know I want to go to California. I also know that there are at least
three dog guide schools there--Guide Dogs for the Blind, Guide Dogs of
America, and Guide Dogs of the Desert. My thoughts are mostly in GDB
and GDA.

I'm a little afraid of the two-week training offered by GDB, even
though I've had two dogs before. I feel like it's been a long time
since I've had a dog. What are you all's thoughs. Please be candid
with me. And if you feel it's necessary, you can write me offlist at:
sbgreenlaw at gmail.com

Thanks so much!
Sharonda

--