[nagdu] Grooming costs

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 14:33:57 UTC 2013

Hi,
My grooming costs are about $20 to $30 per year. I take care of all
the grooming myself. I file the golden guy's claws once every one or
two weeks, and I trim his ear hair and the slippers on his paws once a
month.
It only costs $10 to give my golden guy a bath at the grooming place
here that has a self-washing station. They have everything I need. I
just bring my dog, wash, dry, and brush him myself, and I don't have
to worry about the clean up. I give him a bath twice a year when he
blows coat, and another bath if he gets into something. Last year, he
decided he wanted to be blue, so to the groomer's we went. Of course,
I threw him in my dorm shower first, but I took him for an official
bath just to be safe.
I think it costs a lot more for people who don't take care of their
dogs claws and extra hair themselves. For instance, at Pet Smart, I
think its roughly $12 for a nail grinding and $6 to trim hair on the
golden guy's paws.

On 9/26/13, rhonda cruz <rhondaprincess at gmail.com> wrote:
>  hi i do mya's gromming at home. to save money.
>  and also i give her a bath at home too.
>  it works for us.
>
> On Sep 26, 2013, at 5:35 AM, Danielle A. Creapeau wrote:
>
>> Same here, Tracy. The only time we take the dogs for baths is when we
>> travel for work. Otherwise, we do the touch-up plan at PetCo for $21
>> every six weeks and that includes ears, teeth, nail trimmings, gland
>> check and a good brushing. We do the daily maintenance ourselves and
>> since winters up here get pretty harsh on their coats, we purchased a
>> dry shampoo for them that does wonders.
>>
>> On 9/26/13, Tracy Carcione <carcione at access.net> wrote:
>>> I was surprised when Mark estimated his grooming costs at $25/month.  My
>>> grooming costs are roughly 0, unless something unusual comes up.  My dog
>>> is
>>>
>>> a lab, and stays clean with daily brushing.  He hasn't needed a bath in
>>> years.  The labs I had before were about the same, though Echo did need
>>> the
>>>
>>> occasional bath when she got really old. But I guess other dogs are
>>> hairier,
>>>
>>> or naturally more odiferous. Still, in my book, tiny grooming costs are
>>> another plus for the labrador.
>>> Tracy

>>> nagdu:
>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/dcreapeau%40gmail.com