[nagdu] Brandy, 13?

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Apr 4 14:08:44 UTC 2014

Yes, I know about Mira.  I've never thought it was a good idea, except in
special circumstances.  I don't think every kid is ready to handle a guide
dog at a young age.
I got my first guide at 19, and, to tell the truth, I had some trouble
adapting.  I got pretty frustrated when I would tell her to do something and
she wouldn't do it.  Sometimes she had a good reason, say, for not turning
where I thought we should, and sometimes she just didn't feel like going
that way. Sometimes I had a hard time keeping my cool about it.
When I went to get Ben, a few years ago, I called on old Glade's energy to
give me a second chance to do better, and I guess she listened.  Ben can be
rather difficult too, but I'm a lot better at staying calm than I used to
be. Thanks, Glade!
Tracy