[nagdu] Brandy, 13?

Nicole Torcolini at Home ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Fri Apr 4 14:33:32 UTC 2014

I know someone who got his first guide dog when he was eleven. I think that it was from a Canadian school.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 4, 2014, at 4:44 AM, "Tracy Carcione" <carcione at access.net> wrote:

Hi Brandy.
You got your first guide dog at 13?  I'd be real interested to hear about that.  I'm curious what circumstances persuaded a school to waive the usual age requirement.  If it's none of my business, feel free to ignore my curiosity.
I've met a person who got his first guide when he was 14 or so.  I think he said that he had to negotiate a lot of busy streets, so a dog was real helpful, and he must have been a mature kid.
Tracy