[nagdu] Check Out This School District Policy- Your Thoughts? Your Suggested Plan of Action?

Michael Hingson Mike at michaelhingson.com
Sun Apr 6 16:48:16 UTC 2014

Not at all.  Every child is different.  I only suggest that different kinds
of service dogs are handled differently.  A blind child should be able to
get a guide dog when he or she is old enough and mature enough to accept the
responsibilities that go along with having the dog.

Other children use other service dogs for different reasons.  The process of
service for these children may involve someone else having the actual
control of the dog as well as having responsibility for the dog.

In the case of the school policy we are discussing there are clear
violations of the ADA.

Best,

Michael Hingson