[nagdu] guide dogs at concerts?

Alyssa alyssahenson95 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 20:15:18 UTC 2014

I agree. I took Sophie to some events and she also went to football games and marching band shows with her puppy raisers. Music like this bother your dog. Although do you know about the seating arrangements? That too can make a difference.
Alyssa shouldn't

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 12, 2014, at 1:19 PM, Raven Tolliver <ravend729 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If it's only going to be a couple hundred people, I would probably
> take my dog. Your dog should be fine providing things don't get wild.
> Judging from this type of music, things will be pretty toned-down, so
> you and your dog will be fine.
>
>> On 4/12/14, Vivianna <irishana at gmail.com> wrote:
>> o.o it's not a huge place with thousands of folks or anything like that.
>> perhaps 100-200 is all.  it's at a folk music place.
>> so, nothing like seeing ted nugent back in the 70s.  lol.
>> my dog does not seem to be bothered by loud noises at all.
>> Vivianna
>>
>>> On Apr 12, 2014, at 11:40 AM, "Sherry Gomes" <sherriola at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I agree with this. Rock concerts are loud and they can be crowded and
>>> intense. I've taken my guides to some concerts, quieter music, country
>>> music, soft rock, that kind of thing. But when I went to see Paul
>>> McCartney
>>> in 2002, I left my dog and my friend's dog with puppy raisers for the
>>> night.
>>> I was so glad I did. The concert was fantastic, the experience of a
>>> lifetime, but it was crazy loud. And on top of that, the seating was so
>>> crowded, that even a small guide dog would have been stepped on. My right
>>> knee is fused, so that leg doesn't bend, and I had to sit with my leg on
>>> my
>>> friend's lap, so it wouldn't hang out over the heads of the people in
>>> front
>>> of us. There was no room on the floor for a dog, and people were up,
>>> dancing, screaming, cheering, there were loud explosions during some of
>>> the
>>> songs. It was amazing, but too loud and crazy for a dog's comfort or

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/ntorcolini%40wavecable.co