[nagdu] another GPS option

Jenine Stanley jeninems at wowway.com
Mon Apr 14 17:01:25 UTC 2014

Has anyone played with the new Sendeor Maps on the Braille Note? In version 9.4.1 the maps are included so you can browse locations and routes off line and then if you want to buy the Sendero product, you can.

One interesting feature of this program is the ability to browse areas using sides of the street. When GPS is live, this feature doesn’t work, or doesn’t work as well, but when browsing in virtual mode, it’s really interesting.

I like to get a flavor of a neighborhood before I go there and these maps do allow for that plus route planning. You can then save the routes in the Braille Note for review as you go. This would be handy in Manhattan with the canyon effect.

It’s truly an awesome time to be blind and have so many tools at our disposal.
Jenine Stanley
jeninems at wowway.com

http://www.twitter.com/jeninems