[nagdu] Balance without a guide dog

Karyn & Thane bcpaws4me at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 13:32:50 UTC 2014

I'm not Marsha either. I am no longer ambulatory but when I did use a cane
many many years back, I was told to put it on the stronger side. For me I
was impaired on both sides but not evenly.

I also wanted to point out that a number of people do use their guide dogs
on the right side so some who need canes with a guide dog will in fact be
using a cane on the left side. I have used both my dogs on the right in
fact. Most who use a guide on the right do so either due to shoulders
wearing out from years of guide dog use or secondary mobility disabilities
where they are either too weak on the left side/ have mobility equipment
that is controlled on the left side like I do (and no you would never want
to be around me if that was switched to the right-- bumper car city!)

Karyn and Thane