[nagdu] guide dog retraining

Chantel Cuddemi jawsgirl87 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 16:58:10 UTC 2014

Good luck in class, Sherry.

Keep us updated on your progress.

Chantel and Motley.

-----Original Message-----
From: nagdu [mailto:nagdu-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Sherry Gomes
Sent: Saturday, April 19, 2014 12:49 PM
To: nagdu at nfbnet.org
Subject: [nagdu] guide dog retraining

Hi everyone,

It's come up pretty suddenly. I was on the in home training wait list for
GDB, but they called me Friday telling me they have a sort of once in a blue
moon dog that would be perfect for me and could I come to class on the 27th,
because right now they just don't have the staff to do the in home. Well, I
thought for one second and said yes! I have special needs in a dog, and the
class supervisor says this isn't a dog they think could be good, this is
definitely the right dog. So, I'm kinda frantically getting Olga settled in
her retirement home, finding a sitter for Bianca and hoping I remember to
pack everything and that my work won't freak!  I really hate flying, so I'm
not looking forward to it, but getting my new dog will be worth it.

anyway, I do have a blog if you'd like to follow along on my adventures. You
can subscribe to get updates or just check it out every day. The address is

www.sherrygomeswrites.com

Sherry

"The day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends
and break all bonds of fellowship, when the age of men comes crashing down.
But it is not this day! This day, we fight!
By all that you hold dear, by this good earth,
I bid you, STAND! Men of the West!"
Aragorn, Lord of the Rings, Return of the King