[nagdu] Changing my Petting Policy

Gary Steeves rainshadowmusic at shaw.ca
Tue Apr 29 15:47:10 UTC 2014

Hi

Generally i don't let people pet bogart when he has his harness on. Sadly, it's the people who are  polite enough to ask that get the friendly decline. I just say he is working and we don't want him to be distracted. I'm sure there are many walk by pets that I miss but that is harder to control.  I do break that rule for kids under about 4 or so. I explain what he does for me while ensuring bogart is staying calm.  This is my choice togive kids a good dog interaction since I think these things at a young age determine how a person will be later in life. Otherwise i will take bogart's harness off and let him get some attention.

Have to figure out what works for you and your dog.

Gary