[nagdu] Changing my Petting Policy

Darla Rogers djrogers0628 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 16:30:07 UTC 2014

Hi Everyone,

	What really honks me off is if I'm sitting and waiting with
headphones on reading, listening to music, etc.  I don't care whether or not
they have tried to get my attention; if I'm reading, that's what I want to
do.
	I am a lot more patient at the psychiatrist's office--not because I
am afraid of any of the patients, but they are good about asking and
understanding if he is being too excitable.  I also usually get **good*
questions about how guide dogs work.
	The last reasons is that I know--I'm a VR counselor with a strong
counseling background--that a little pet session might just really make that
person's day, especially a younger person.
	I guess this sounds a bit hypocritical, so I may have to try harder
to make sure people don't see him--hard to do walking up to the counter to
check in. <grin>
Darla & Huck