[nagdu] Greyhound trip with a guide dog

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Mon Aug 4 18:50:10 UTC 2014

I would say for large or small dogs on any trip to get a cushioned bath mat
with a non skid bottom. Something that will slip easily into your backpack
as you exit the bus. For larger dog the area by the lift is super roomy for
your dog. The non skid bath matt will be great in case the bus stops
suddenly as the mat should stay in place with your dog safe.

Keep the curb relief training in your dog. That I have seen, there isn't any
convenient place near Grayhound stops, but there is plenty of cement. But if
the dog won't curb relief have your walking shoes on. Seattle you will walk
a good block. Same in Ellensburg WA, for examples.I don't remember about the
Ohio stop I was at, nor Portland OR. But you figure big heavy busses run
better on cement.

The bath mat idea is great for trains as well. Works like a charm as your
dog will be so comfortable.

Becky and Jake who says, my brodda hogs the mat, sniff.