[nagdu] My guy dog: introduction

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Wed Aug 20 16:32:11 UTC 2014

Dan,

I don't remove the harness, either. Mitzi will let me know if she really
needs to go, so we just pull over and take care of business then move on
to find a trash can. She doesn't need to go off schedule often, but when
she does, she does. As much as I don't love walking around wonderind
where to dispose of the bag, I've never understood what the big deal is.
/shrug/ I've also never understood the notion that failing to remove the
harness when the dog relieves in an appropriate place will inspire the
dog to relieve indoors. I think it's more important to know the dog's
rhythms and provide opportunity in case the rhythm is off and know the
signs that something is pending so you need to hurry out to let the dog
take care of it. In a healthy dog, those sudden spurts to a door won't
happen often, but biology does have its little surprises.

Tami