[nagdu] An Introduction

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Thu Aug 21 10:32:33 UTC 2014

Welcome Valerie!

I am Julie and I'm on day 4 with my brand new guide Jetta.   She's a very
young, 14 months, black and tan Doberman.   Jetta is my fourth guide.  The
previous three I owner trained.  With Jetta I hired a private trainer
because I didn't feel I had the time to devote to owner training with
everything else I have going on.  The trainer I hired is also blind.

There are quite a few owner trainers on this list...Tami, Mardi, Karyn, Rox,
Shanna, Rachael and maybe others I'm forgetting.  I haven't had coffee yet.

An Akita is an interesting choice, especially for a first guide.  What
caused you to choose that breed?

Welcome and good luck,
Julie